JOB TITLE: Quality Engineer
LOCATION: Windsor, CO 80550
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time, 40 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
We’re looking for a highly motivated Quality Engineer to join our Quality team. The Quality Engineer will assist the Quality Manager with maintenance and continual improvement of the Quality Management System, including but not limited to the following key responsibilities.
- Perform calibrations of all gauges and inspection devices as scheduled
- Coordinate with Procurement and vendors regarding offsite calibrations for selected equipment
- Perform incoming inspection of raw materials and tooling
- Perform internal auditing of the QMS
- Perform first article inspections
- Perform design reviews
- Assist with the final inspection process and life cycle testing (overflow on high volume days), and serve as a primary backup if inspectors are absent
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions related to non-conformances, customer rejects, and/or process concerns
- Perform quality reviews and scrap transactions
- Maintain/improve metrics to measure key performance characteristics
- Maintain document control system
- Identify and document continuous improvement projects
Qualified candidates will have a STEM degree and at least six months of co-op and/or postgraduate work experience. Experience with an ISO 9001:2015 or equivalent Quality Management System is preferred but not required.
Familiarity with Windows PCs, Microsoft Office, Gmail, calipers, micrometers, microscopes, optical comparators, ERP systems, Minitab or other statistical software, statistical mathematical concepts, a basic understanding of electrical circuits, metal forming, metallurgical properties of stainless steel, plating, process capability, continual improvement, root cause analysis, material review board, corrective actions, auditing, ISO 9001.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hiring salary range TBD, depending on education and experience; medical plan after 1 month; company 401k retirement plan with matching after 1 year; paid holidays.
Snaptron was founded in 1990 to serve the membrane switch and related switch industries, filling a void previously unsatisfied by other tactile metal dome suppliers. Since our inception, we have expanded to serve many different industries throughout the world.
Our mission is to aggressively pursue innovative solutions that exceed our customers’ needs and expectations. This includes providing a wide variety of high quality, low profile, surface mount tactile dome switches and related products. In addition to manufacturing the highest quality products, we provide the service and expertise customers need to be successful. Many of our products are custom designed to satisfy specific needs.
Snaptron Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re qualified for the position to [email protected].