LOCATION: Windsor, CO 80550
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time, 40 hours/week
JOB TITLE: Machinist
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
We’re looking for an entry-level Machinist to join our team and scale our machining efforts in a friendly, fast-paced, and industrial environment. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team player with incredible attention to detail. As a Machinist, you will be responsible for fabricating parts for tooling, automation equipment, test equipment for internal manufacturing systems, and external customer-facing applications. You will need to follow design drawings, sketches and use manual and CNC machines. In addition, you will learn how to use lathes, milling machines, and surface grinders. As part of the onboarding, you will work closely with an experienced tool and die maker. And, as a core team member, ensure that parts meet the tolerances and finishes specified.
- Assist with material selection and process planning for internal fabrication
- Understand and follow design drawings to plan fabrication steps
- Execute fabrication while carefully following process and inventory management steps
- Inspect your work for tolerances, finishes, and overall functionality
- Provide feedback to designers for possible improvements to design or manufacturability
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma / GED and relevant classroom training or machine shop experience is required
- A good understanding of CAD and CAM is required
- Experience with Solidworks and Mastercam is preferred
- An understanding of GD&T is desired
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hiring salary range TBD, depending on education and experience; medical plan after one month; company 401k retirement plan with matching after one year; paid holidays.
ABOUT SNAPTRON INC:
Snaptron, Inc. was founded in 1990 specifically to serve the membrane switch and related switch industries, filling a void previously unsatisfied by other tactile metal dome suppliers. Since our inception, we have expanded to serve many different industries throughout the world.
Our mission is to aggressively pursue innovative solutions that exceed our customers’ needs and expectations. This includes providing a wide variety of high quality, low profile, surface mount tactile dome switches and related products. In addition to manufacturing the highest quality products, we provide customers with the service and expertise to succeed. Many of our products are custom designed to satisfy specific needs.
Snaptron Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re qualified for the position to [email protected].