LOCATION: Windsor, CO 80550
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time, 40 hours/week
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
The ideal candidate is an experienced, self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team player. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for writing, maintaining, and improving software code for internal manufacturing systems as well as external customer-facing test equipment. You will also be responsible for helping to define and execute system test protocols. You will assist with new software and enhancements to existing software. You should excel at working in a small multidisciplinary design team for a fast-growing company, developing automated equipment control software and user interfaces.
- Assist with software project requirements and planning documentation
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including automated equipment applications, database integration, interfaces and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Lead reviews of code and user interface
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, automation/manufacturing is highly desired
- Good understanding of electrical and machine control hardware
- Experience developing machine vision software and robotics is desired
- Experience with C# and C++ is preferred
- Experience developing for microcontrollers and embedded PC’s
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Driven to execute on open projects in a timely fashion with minimal direction
- Experience with user interface development
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hiring salary range TBD, depending on experience; company-funded medical plan after 1 month; company 401k retirement plan with matching after 1 year; paid holidays
ABOUT SNAPTRON INC:
Snaptron was founded in 1990 specifically to serve the membrane switch and related switch industries, filling a void previously unsatisfied by other tactile metal dome suppliers. Since our inception, we have expanded to serve many different industries throughout the world.
Our mission is to aggressively pursue innovative solutions that exceed our customers’ needs and expectations. This includes providing a wide variety of high quality, low profile, surface mount tactile dome switches and related products. In addition to manufacturing the highest quality products, we provide customers with the service and expertise to succeed. Many of our products are custom designed to satisfy specific needs.
Snaptron Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re qualified for the position to careers(at)snaptron.com.