Snaptron Order Terms and Conditions
Last updated: May 18, 20222
This document can be printed for reference by using the print command in the settings of any browser.
Snaptron is a trading name of Snaptron, Inc. that is registered in the USA. You can contact us in any of the following ways:
Phone: +1 970.686.5682
Post: Snaptron Inc. 960 Diamond Valley Drive, Windsor, CO 80550, USA
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using this Website. Website is defined as any collection of material placed in a computer server-based file archive that is publicly accessible, over the internet. Snaptron offers this Website, including all information, tools, and services available from this Website, to you, the User, conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with the terms, policies, and notices stated here.
Your use of this Website constitutes your agreement to these Terms.
Use of Materials on the Website
All content on this Website (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, downloads, interfaces, code, and software, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof), is the exclusive property of and owned by Snaptron and is protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. You may access, copy, download and print the material contained on the Website for your personal and non-commercial use, provided you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notice that appears on the material you access, copy, download, or print. Any other use of the content on the Website, including but not limited to the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, reverse engineering, transfer or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material, information, software, products or services obtained from the Website, or use of the Website for purposes competitive to Snaptron, is expressly prohibited.
You agree to abide by all additional restrictions displayed on the Website as it may be updated from time to time. Snaptron, or its licensors or content providers, retain full and complete title to the material provided on the Website, including all associated intellectual property rights, and provide this material to you under a license that is revocable at any time in Snaptron’s sole discretion. Snaptron neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials on this Website will not infringe rights of third parties not affiliated with Snaptron.
You may not use contact information provided on the Website for unauthorized purposes, including marketing. You may not use any hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper working of the Website or to surreptitiously intercept any system, data, or personal information from the Website. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Website in any way. Snaptron reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or terminate your access to or use of the Website at any time without notice. Termination of your access or use will not waive or affect any other right or relief to which Snaptron may be entitled at law or in equity.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent legally permitted, Snaptron expressly disclaims any implied or explicit warranty of fitness for the use of a particular product, or material, the precise nature and circumstances of said product, material, or intended use being unforeseen and unforeseeable to Snaptron. Snaptron disclaims any warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Snaptron, its affiliates, vendors, and each of its and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers, and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse, or otherwise from the products purchased, violation of these Terms and Conditions, or infringement of any intellectual property or other right, claim or action, including but not limited to personal injury or property damage of any person or entity. Snaptron reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with Snaptron in asserting any available defenses.
Payment and Pricing
- Snaptron Credit Terms are Net 30. Additional Payment options are Payment in Advance (by wire transfer, check, or credit card), and Cash on Delivery (COD).
- If you choose to pay by wire transfer, you will be responsible for ALL banking fees associated with the transfer. The sender is responsible for Snaptron’s fees and any fees charged by intermediary financial institutions used during the transfer. If you do not pay wire fees, Snaptron will reduce the quantity of product shipped to equal the amount of the invoice short of payment or your account will be placed on credit hold until the wire fee balance is paid in full.
- Snaptron accepts payment for invoices and prepayment by credit, debit or check card, or other approved prearranged payment method. Snaptron accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. An invoice will be sent through Authorize.net for payment. Production on your order will begin once payment is authorized and received by Snaptron.
- Quotes are valid for 30 days. Quotes are not considered final until a purchase order and final customer requirements are received and reviewed. Upon review of requirements, Snaptron reserves the right to resubmit updated pricing.
- Quotes do not include any additional costs for part qualification (PPAP), special packaging, or testing (FAIR) required by you. Snaptron reserves the right to quote these requirements separately upon request.
- Any products quoted as NC/NR are non-cancellable and non-returnable. Built to order products are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- Non-recurring engineering (NRE) charges cover part design and the cost to setup Snaptron systems to manufacture custom parts. Snaptron owns all setup materials associated with building a custom part.
- Credit hold. Snaptron reserves the right to stop all work in progress and future orders pending payment resolution for a company placed on credit hold. Lead times and production schedules will be adjusted once full payment is received.
- Collections. In the event of past due invoices, Snaptron reserves the right to use the services of a collection agency to obtain payment for such invoices. Invoices reaching 90 days past due will result in the company being sent to collections. If unpaid invoices are sent to collections, this includes payment of all costs and/or attorney fees associated with the collection of past due invoices. Such companies will also no longer be allowed to purchase from Snaptron until all past dues invoices and collection fees are paid in full. All future orders will be “Cash in Advance.” In addition, Snaptron reserves the right NOT to extend credit to such companies. A review of the customer at a future date will be done, and a decision to extend credit may be granted at that time.
- Interest charges and/or late fees may apply to past-due invoices.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede customer purchase order terms and conditions and govern the conditions with which Snaptron accepts purchase orders. Snaptron reserves the right to negotiate or make exceptions to requirements of customer terms and conditions of purchase orders.
- Orders for custom parts cannot be increased except within FIVE DAYS of purchase order date unless authorized by Snaptron. For changes within FIVE DAYS, some restrictions may apply. Additional parts cannot be added to open purchase orders. For additional parts, a new Purchase Order will need to be issued at the correct quantity and pricing. Snaptron’s blanket order policy is 120 days from the purchase order date.
- Lead-time for custom Peel-N-Place products starts once the design is finalized at Snaptron and/or Snaptron receives drawing approval from you. Production proof drawing(s) will be provided for review and approval before manufacturing begins.
- Snaptron order confirmations are based on Snaptron’s ship date, not the purchase order dock date. Snaptron’s ship date is based on quoted lead-time and the current manufacturing schedule. Your purchase orders and systems should be updated to reflect Snaptron’s ship date. Snaptron will not accept corrective actions or penalties because of docks dates not being adjusted per Snaptron’s confirmation. Snaptron will try to expedite orders at your request to better ship dates but cannot guarantee shipment sooner than confirmation. Contact the Snaptron Sales Department for expedite options and charges to expedite orders with a firm ship date.
- Change requests to existing orders are only handled by email. Snaptron does NOT access customer portals or manufacture parts based on customer forecasts (excel spreadsheets).
- The placement of a purchase order constitutes both acknowledgment and acceptance of all the above Terms and Conditions of Sale or Contract. Subsequent statements or revocation or deviation from the above Terms of Sales or Contract will not be binding upon Snaptron. These Terms and Conditions will control, unless expressly stated otherwise in writing by Snaptron.
- You shall provide Snaptron with all ancillary documents and standards referenced in your Purchase Order or Terms & Conditions, including but not limited to quality manuals, internal performance standards, and regulatory standards.
- Snaptron does NOT guarantee flow down of all Purchase Orders or Terms and Conditions requirements to sub-suppliers.
- Snaptron is not responsible for any failures or delays in fulfilling your order or delivering your product that are due to events outside Snaptron’s reasonable control. Snaptron’s performance will be extended for the equivalent time of any event causing delay. Examples of qualifying events include strikes, lock-outs, casualties, acts of God, labor troubles, inability to procure materials, failure of power, epidemics, pandemics, public health events of international concern, governmental laws or regulations, or other governmental actions or orders (including, but not limited to, the imposition of quarantines or travel bans, whether due to epidemics, pandemics or otherwise), riots, insurrection, or war, as well as supply chain delays from countries or regions affected by such events.
- Shipping Terms: EXW – Ex Works (Windsor, Colorado, USA).
- Shipments may be charged to the customer account or the Snaptron shipping account. Notification of shipping method must be defined by the date of sales order placement.
- If shipping on a customer account, the shipping account information, including any special shipping requirements or needed documentation, must be received within 48 hours of the ship date. If shipping information is not provided within 48 hours, the order will ship on the Snaptron shipping account, and you will be liable for all incurred shipping and insurance fees.
- For international shipments, you are responsible for all taxes and duties.
- All goods shall be unpacked upon receipt, and all damage notified to the carriers. Snaptron is not responsible for damage or loss that occurred during transit once goods leave Snaptron’s facility.
- Partial delivery to a reasonable extent, as well as surplus and short deliveries up to 10% of the total order quantity are permitted.
- Weights and measured quantities determined by Snaptron are final.
- Any samples shipped will endure a flat rate shipping fee. Shipping fees will vary by final destination. All shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Snaptron Standard Production tolerances for Peel-N-Place Arrays are:
Tape Feature to Tape Feature = +/- 0.010″ (0.254mm)
Dome to Tape Feature = +/- 0.015″ (0.381mm)
Hole diameters = General = +/- 0.010” (0.254mm)
= Identified as Critical = +/- 0.005” (0.127mm)
**Other tolerances may apply depending on part design.**
- Snaptron Standard Prototype / Sample tolerances for Peel-N-Place Arrays are:
Tape Feature to Tape Feature = +/- 0.015″ (0.381mm)
Dome to Tape Feature = +/- 0.020″ (0.508mm)
Hole diameters = General = +/- 0.010” (0.254mm)
**Other tolerances may apply depending on part design.**
- Prototypes/samples do not include a Certificate of Compliance documentation.
- Peel-N-Place adhesive shelf life is up to one (1) year from the date of part manufacturing, as indicated on the packaging label.
- Adhesive tape is not included when domes are supplied in bulk (loose in a jar).
- Snaptron’s standard part numbers are governed by Snaptron’s drawings and prints. Customer prints cannot govern a Snaptron standard part. If there are special requirements for standard domes or Peel-N-Place arrays, Snaptron will assign a custom part number and custom pricing based on the requirements.
- Snaptron reserves the right to modify standard part number specifications without notification.
- Modifications to custom part numbers will not occur without prior written consent by both parties. If the customer requests modifications to custom part numbers, Snaptron will defer to the customer’s internal change processes. On occasions where Snaptron instigates modifications to custom part numbers, Snaptron will notify the customer and wait for written approval before implementing any changes.
- Snaptron reserves the right to use multiple approved suppliers and make operational adjustments that do not affect the fit, form, or function of our products without subsequent notification to customers.
- Life cycle specifications are estimates based on findings from testing and are not guaranteed. Snaptron is not liable for domes that do not meet the outlined tolerances or life ratings over the course of your application’s life span.
- Snaptron does not provide a visual specification for cleanliness or defect-free. Products manufactured have been verified to stated specifications prior to shipping per standard operating procedure.
- Contact Snaptron for standard dome tolerances. Custom dome tolerances and specifications are to be determined after the dome development.
- If goods show possible defects suspected from faulty materials and/or workmanship, our liability shall be limited to crediting or replacing such goods. No such liability shall arise unless written notification of such suspected defects is received within seven days from receipt of goods and alleged defective goods returned to Snaptron for evaluation of fault. Failure to provide written notification of suspected defects within this seven day period shall constitute your acceptance of the goods.
- Snaptron does not agree to or authorize third party sorting or rework and will not be held liable for such costs without prior written authorization from Snaptron. Snaptron does not assume responsibility for or authorize recovery of any costs associated with non-conforming material discovered at any stage in the process or in the field. These costs may include but are not limited to:
- Testing, inspection, rework, and sorting as required
- Process changes which become necessary in order to remedy non-conformity
- Recall costs
- Travel incurred
- Cost of product(s) or additional material impacted by the non-conformity
- Support costs that are directly related to the resolution of the non-conformity
- Line down charges at customers and/or upper-tier manufacturers
- Any external analysis
- Any associated legal fees
- Any additional services incurred by the customer
- Snaptron shall maintain records of production, inspection, and applicable data for a period of time defined in Snaptron’s Quality Management System (QMS). The retention period varies depending on the type of record, which may or may not match the retention requirements of the customer.
- Snaptron does not agree to minimum process capability requirements except upon the negotiation of mutually acceptable product tolerances during the design review process.
- Provided with each production order shipment will be a Certificate of Compliance (COC).
- Snaptron does not take corrective actions for parts that fail at a rate of 10 PPM or less. The rate is calculated by the total number of parts delivered from the beginning of the project.
- A Return Material Authorization (RMA) number must be requested and associated with any return of suspected non-conforming product. Upon return, Snaptron will evaluate and provide findings. Issuing an RMA does not assume Snaptron is responsible for any defect or that Snaptron is agreeing to issue credit or replace product. Disposition of the RMA will be determined after Snaptron’s evaluation. Product that is returned without an RMA may not receive credit or replacement.
- For international returns all paperwork MUST be marked “VALUE $0.01 – RETURN/REPAIR-DEFECTIVE PARTS” on all international paperwork or Snaptron will be charged duties and taxes. If Snaptron is charged duties and taxes any credit will be reduced by the amount of the corresponding charges.
- Standard dome parts in original Snaptron SEALED (plastic wrap) containers may be returned if notification is given within SEVEN days from receipt. A restocking fee may apply.
- Custom domes, dome arrays, and equipment are all non-returnable. These products are always marked as non-cancellable, non-returnable “NCNR” on the quote.
- A restocking fee of 25% of the total order, will apply to returns. Shipping, handling and insurance fees may apply unless deemed non-compliant.
- All orders are considered final. You have the right to send a request through email directly to your sales representative to revoke or cancel an order. All requests to cancel will be handled on a case-to-case basis. An order cannot be revoked or cancelled where the order has been accepted for processing or has been executed.
- Under no circumstance can an order for a custom part be revoked or canceled. This includes but is not limited to all custom domes, custom dome arrays, and custom equipment.
- Cancellation fees of up to 25% of the total order will apply to requests to revoke or cancel an order. You will be notified of the cancellation fees, pending acceptance of the cancellation. Shipping, handling and insurance fees may also apply.
- This offer and agreement of sales resulting from this offer shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of Colorado.
- Aside from ISO 9001, Snaptron cannot provide evidence of certification to or compliance with any other safety, regulatory, or operating system.
- Snaptron reserves the right to make organizational changes and/or changes to the Quality Management System (QMS) without subsequent notification to customers.
- Snaptron reserves the right to limit customers’ access to Snaptron’s facilities and records for proprietary concerns.
- Snaptron reserves the right to refuse service.
- Any disputes requiring legal resolution are governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Colorado and the venue for such disputes is the State or Federal Courts in the State of Colorado.
Snaptron reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time and will post any revisions on the Website and may also provide notice to you via email. These Terms and Conditions cannot be modified orally, but only by an express written agreement from Snaptron. All transactions are subject to the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of the transaction.
End of document.