Snaptron’s S-Series domes are standard four-leg metal dome switches with two solderable tabs. The tabs allow the dome to be soldered directly to a printed circuit board or flex circuit.
Traditionally, metal domes are attached to the circuit board with adhesive tape or placed into spacer pockets. This process is typically done semi-automatically or manually and requires an assembler. With the solder dome, you can automate this process with pick-n-place or Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) equipment.
- Easily integrate SMD domes into your existing SMT system
- Reduce overall build time and eliminate steps to final product assembly
- Improve placement accuracy due to the elimination of manual methods
Ready to See the Solder Dome in Action?
Download the white paper or contact a team member to request samples of the solder dome.
|Part Number||Diameter||Height||Trip Force||Dimple||Life Cycles||Specs||Request Samples|
|SG06280N||6.3mm (0.247")||0.33mm (0.013")||280g||No||1,000,000||Specs||Add to List|
Tape & Reel Sizes
|Size||13″ Reel||22″ Reel|
|Dimensions||Ao 6.02mm, Bo 6.02mm and Ko 0.76mm||Ao 6.02mm, Bo 6.02mm and Ko 0.76mm|
|Dome Quantity||5,000 per reel||15,000 per reel|
|Minimum Order Quantity||5000||15000|
|Order Quantities||Order quantities to be divisible by 5,000||Order quantities to be divisible by 15,000|
|Dome Orientation||Convex Up/Feet Down||Convex Up/Feet Down|
|Pocket Carrier||Pocket carrier to meet EIA-481 standard||Pocket carrier to meet EIA-481 standard|
|Carrier Width and Pitch||16mm with a pocket pitch of 12mm||16mm with a pocket pitch of 12mm|
|Cover Tape||Either clear PSA or Heat Bond||Either clear PSA or Heat Bond|
|Reel Flange||330.20mm diameter with 101.60mm hub diameter||558.00mm diameter with 101.60mm hub diameter|
ℹ︎ Disclosures and product information
- The S-Series domes are only available in the feet-down orientation packaged in tape and reel. 13” and 22” reels are available with domes oriented at a 45-degree rotation.
- All domes come standard with Nickel plating. Additional plating options are available.
- All listed specifications are before soldering. Dome performance may vary slightly after soldering.
- Proper pad design, type, and amount of solder can affect the dome’s performance. Please contact Snaptron for best practices.
- Life ratings are up to 1 million cycles, typical, and may vary by application and design.
- Lead-free, RoHS compliant.
- Tape and reel comply with EIA-418 standard.